The judge said the “injuries as shown in the photos are terrible,” but added, “If she had set limits and he had exceeded them, this case would have been clear. But she set limits without any consequences take into account, and the defendant did not exceed it. ” Limits set by the petitioner, “said ESPN.
Lisa Helfend Meyer, the plaintiff’s attorney, said in a statement to E! News: “Although our client is disappointed with the judge’s verdict, she hopes that Mr. Bauer willingly seek the help he needs to ensure that no other woman in a dating relationship with him suffers the same traumatic fate as she does So she was ready to come forward and endure Mr. Bauer’s blame that she knew would inevitably result in keeping not only herself but other women from the hands of this troubled man always was a priority – and will continue to be. be so. “
Bauer’s lawyers, Shawn Holley and Jon Fetterolf, said in a statement following the verdict, “We are grateful to the Los Angeles Superior Court for denying the application for a restraining order and for revoking the restraining order against Mr. Bauer today. While we have been expecting this result since the petition was filed, which was filed in June, we appreciate that the court reviewed all relevant information and testimony in order to make this informed decision. “
At about the time the injunction was issued, police opened an investigation into the two alleged encounters between the woman and Bauer, which the woman said took place at Bauer’s home in Pasadena, California, on April 21 and May 16 Criminal charges were brought against the athlete.
Fetterolf had previously said in a statement that from the beginning of April, Bauer had “initiated a short and completely consensual sexual relationship” with the woman, which included “only two meetings”.